Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 February 2011

My Name is Joe


Thank you to those of you who were in attendance this morning to watch the first film, My Name is Joe. It seemed in the brief chat we had after the showing that everybody enjoyed it. I always think it is thought provoking at the end, with a few loose ends ripe for discussion. Loach uses this technique in many of his films. Sweet Sixteen is another excellent film along the same lines as MNIJ, you may wish to buy, rent or download that at your leisure.

We will have a discussion about the film on Monday to get a feel for our individual and collective thoughts and if you haven't submitted your Word of Mouth responses yet, please bring them on Monday or e mail me them. And don't forget to give me one of your excellent essays too!

Have a wonderful break everybody and I will see you on Monday 21st at 9 in room 120.

All the best, Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment