Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 January 2011

Word of Mouth radio programme

Hi all, I hope you enjoyed the Word of Mouth radio programme we listened to this morning. I really liked the observations and discussion that ensued afterwards. I think we learned a new word today - 'Ponglais' or was it 'Ponglish'?! Anyway, for those members of the class who were unable to make the session, we listened to a Radio 4 transmission on the process of "borrowing" in English and other languages and heard from a variety of different sources.

If you want to hear the show again, I will play it on Monday, in our new venue, ROOM 120 at 9am. If you haven't heard the show yet, please ensure that you are in class on Monday.

The Tuesday slot remains the same for semester two and on Tuesday we will work in groups and answer some questions and have some discussion about the analysis of the programme. Meanwhile, I am off to listen to Desert Island Discs, as I have heard it is wonderful (cue shamed face, ruddy complexion, think before engagement etc etc)!

Have a great weekend all and I will see some, if not all of you, on Monday. Remember, for those who were at the class today, you will be authorised if you don't wish to hear the broadcast again.

All the best, Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment